Open Gate

TheDude69

Open Gate

Postby TheDude69 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:06 am

Hello All,

I am trying to open a gate using a HikVision DS-2CD2622FWD-IS IP camera. The device is connected by RS232 to the camera. But I am not able to find a setup in iSpy to configure using this feature. Has anyone of you an idea how to set this up?

Many thanks in advance,
best regards

TheDude

ispymallen

Re: Open Gate

Postby ispymallen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:15 pm

Have you got anywhere with this? Or any support response?

I too am looking to expand iSpy into areas like this, but the support responses are very quiet.

TheDude69

Postby TheDude69 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:33 am

Hi ispymallen,

... no, unfortunately not yet. :(

Best regards
TheDude

jlchaves

Postby jlchaves » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:36 pm

In theory, if there is away to manipulate the camera's RS232 output by calling URLs, one might be able to use the "Call URL" feature in the alerts tab.

It's the first I've heard of a camera having an RS232 interface (I have seen some with relay outputs) on the frontside. I have read of some legacy devices having serial interfaces for pan/tilt etc. but not as frontside interfaces to other external devices. Learn something new every day =)

If all fails you might be better off getting one of those IP relay thingies. You hook them up to your network and they allow you to control one of many relay outputs via a small utility (which you can call from iSpy) or by calling URLs.

Return to “System Setups”