SriCam SP012

Community help for connecting new cameras to iSpy
n4aof

SriCam SP012

Postby n4aof » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:13 am

OK, total n00b question....

I've got a SriCam SP012 that works fine with the SriCam app on my phone, but I would really much rather monitor the feed using one of my Windows PCs.

The camera is connected to my wi-fi network. A few years ago I had a physically identical SriCam that I was able to easily monitor from my computer using software that either came with the camera or was at some link they provided. I don't have whatever software that was and the only SriCam Windows software I can find right now is their DeviceViewer.exe which simply isn't working on my PC (it is definitely NOT the software that I had been using before).

I looked around and found the iSpy software which seems better but I can't get it to connect to my camera. I am 99% sure that the problem is simply that I don't understand what it needs when it asks for the username and password and tries to scan my network for the camera.

The camera is connected to the network because it works fine with the android app on my phone. When iSpy scans my network, the IP addresses that it finds are for my router and my printer. When it wants the IP address to continue, I give it the IP address of the wi-fi router because I figure that is where it would find the camera connected to the network.

I'm not sure exactly what "username" and password it needs.
I have the email address and password that I used to set up the SriCam app.
I have the six-digit Camera ID that the SriCam app uses
The default password for the camera was 888888 but I changed that as soon as I set up the app (yes, I DO know what I changed it to)

I have tried using by email address as the username and tried using the Camera ID as the user name. I've tried both passwords. But I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

As common as these SriCam SP012 cameras are, I'm sure someone has connected one successfully before so I am hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction either with iSpy or any other program that runs on Win7. The live video feed is, of course, the number one priority, then pan and tilt control. I really don't much care if the two-way audio works but it would be nice.

jeby

Re: SriCam SP012

Postby jeby » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:33 pm

having the same problem... :-(

ardonian

Re: SriCam SP012

Postby ardonian » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:45 am

most likely, you just altered some password to the app, but the default password to acces admin on the camera hasn't changed.
try username admin, with standard passwords like 'admin', '1234' or blank. A last resort could be to reset camera to default factory settings, which would likely reset the camera's passwords.
also, sri seems to support ONVIF, so try the following (excluding the steps on angelbox) as that might lead you to the correct URL (note that ONVIF likely knows default passwords, but requires usernames/passwords if you'd changed it)
https://help.angelcam.com/general-guide ... meranvrdvr

and please post a reply with your findings as it may help others

Return to “Connecting Cameras”