Help connecting ADT cameras

Community help for connecting new cameras to iSpy
cbear6

Help connecting ADT cameras

Postby cbear6 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:05 am

I have tried to connect my 3 ADT cameras with no luck using ispy. 2 are OC810s and the other is the icamera 1000. I have them running through a router (ADT) that is then connected to my wireless router (twc). Cameras are wireless. I'm not sure how to find or change the IPs for the cameras. I tried connecting laptop to ADT router but couldn't get any information from it. Can any please help? I have no way of seeing my cameras now that I got rid of ADT and have no access to the pulse app. Would like to use the cameras through Ispy without the ADT router. Help soon would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

mgernaey

Re: Help connecting ADT cameras

Postby mgernaey » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:19 pm

Hello cbear6,

Not sure if you already got this working or not but I don't believe you are going to get it working that way.

I have the OC810s and the RC8025, which are like the icamera 1000

1. I unplugged the cameras
2. Plugged into the Cat5 cable into the camera
3. plugged that into my router (not adt)
4. Soon as it turned on, I pressed and held the reset button for like 15 seconds
5. After that I could see it on my network (again it's hardwired) and I was able to connect and use it with iSpy

Caveat... I have NOT yet figured out how to change the Wireless settings, because although I've read online and even here that after you do get it reset etc, that you can use the HTTP://CamerIP to access it, so you can then reconfigure it... all I ever get is redirector to a "404" not found error.

Oh.. I can login per say (user name administrator, no password), but after that.. it tries to redirect me to some page (again I just used the IP, so it must have built in redirection) and that page doesn't exist.

It's like ADT changed the firmware of the camera and removed the pages that are necessary to do what we want to do.. and I have no idea how to put it back (firmware / pages).

So as of right now.. unless I have it hard wired I am hosed too... so luckily in a few spots I didn't mind hardwiring them

Did you ever get this working wirelessly?

Cheers,
-Michael

chrislee1921

Postby chrislee1921 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:08 pm

Did you ever resolve this issue? I have the same problem. thnx Chris

Oedi

Postby Oedi » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Not sure if you have worked this out already however I have been able to access all the configuration of the RC8025-ADT. Below is all the steps that I used.

1) Press down the reset button (on the left beside the FCC logo) for 20 second
2) Connect a LAN cable to the device and it will boot with DHCP
3) Work out the IP it got
4) Goto http://<camera ip>/adm/enable_ui.cgi
5) when asked for login information use username administrator - blank password and then you will see “OK” on your screen
6) Goto http://<camera ip> and now you have access to the administration page to set stuff.

On a reboot it you might have to enable the UI again if you want to make changes.

Return to “Connecting Cameras”