wireless ip camera disconnects only in iSpy

Please check the log file and provide steps to reproduce your issue when reporting bugs.
valio__bg

wireless ip camera disconnects only in iSpy

Postby valio__bg » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:27 pm

Hello,

Unknown china made wireless camera constantly disconnecting only in iSpy. The ping to it is constant with no lost packets. Seen in its web interface while disconnected in iSpy.

In the log:

Error 8:15:33 PM AV_READ_FRAME: Error number -138 occurred, FFMPEG
Error 8:15:33 PM Camera 4: Device Lost
Error 8:15:38 PM AV_READ_FRAME: Error number -138 occurred, FFMPEG
Error 8:15:38 PM Camera 4: Device Lost

iSpy free v6.8.8.0

Using http://192.168.4.140:81/videostream.cgi ... pas=mypass as source URL as seen in web interface source code.

Tried TCP, UDP, UDP Multicast and HTTP Tunneling - same issue.

Please let me know if anything else is needed, so I can provide it.

Any help will be much appreciated.

mikebrowningmcse

Re: wireless ip camera disconnects only in iSpy

Postby mikebrowningmcse » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:07 pm

I have this same issue since upgrading from 6.8.5. it only affects my 4 Trendnet TV-IP851WC cameras but my 3 Foscam R2 cameras are not affected. All cameras use the JPEG URL string to reduce iSpy crashing, most specifically, the Foscam R2 cameras cause iSpy to constantly crash when using the RSTP video/main string.
**I have notice that after these cameras disappear from ONLY iSpy, but visible in my web browser, BlueIris4 and on my Samsung tablet using IP Cam Viewer, that after restoring my system from a Full Backup ALL OF MY CAMERAS WORK UNTIL *I RESTART ISPY.*
These ALWAYS disappear AFTER an iSpy restart.
note: I use Windows 10, 4 Trendnet TV-IP851WC cameras, 3 Foscam R2 cameras and currently iSpy v6.8.7

valio__bg

Postby valio__bg » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi again,

Using free Advanced IP scanner program I scanned my internal network 192.168.4.1 to 192.168.4.255.

There I found that the camera is resolved as "Shenzhen Smarteye Digital Electronics Co., Ltd".

Than I started iSpy Add "IP Camera With Wizard" set it as listed and wrote "Shenzhen Smarteye" which was found. supplied the IP, port, username and password. Few suggested URLs were found, confirmed that I want iSpy to validate them than only three were left.

Used the first one MJPEG "http://admin:mypass@192.168.4.140:81/videostream.cgi" instead of FFMPEG "http://192.168.4.140:81/videostream.cgi?loginuse=admin&loginpas=mypass".

Camera added successfully and no more disconnecting or issues.

I used an URL method found somewhere in the Internet instead using that great wizard. Which worked but not correctly.

This was done as advised and with the great help of Sean from ispyconnect.

Thanks a lot!

Hope this helps others too.

madox

Postby madox » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:10 pm

Have you checked product manual to troubleshoot the issue? Pay attention to following points:

Make sure direction of security camera is towards router.
Make sure you are using right IP passwords.
The firmware of camera should be updated.
The signal strength of wifi connection should be good.
Wetter Solutions

Return to “Bugs”