ISPY locks up

Please check the log file and provide steps to reproduce your issue when reporting bugs.
Tinbum

ISPY locks up

Postby Tinbum » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:34 am

I have recently added new cameras to my set up and am finding that ispy will lock up. I have reduced frame rates and reduced the record buffer to 0.

The strange thing is the program is still using the cpu and the display screen is still showing the camera images changing, the motion detection bar is still moving but its not recording any of the images. I am also unable to do anything with the screen and have to go into task manager to shut the program down.

bduren

Re: ISPY locks up

Postby bduren » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:29 pm

Same issue here
Win 10 latest update....

Bjorn

kadamik

Postby kadamik » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:57 am

Same here. I have a pretty good application monitor program and I can't find one setting that will work. Cpu load does not go down and the memory load does not go down. even the http access request appear to work. need help resolving this. very random but seams to lock up after a recording

Tinbum

Postby Tinbum » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:32 pm

Well, I'm afraid I've now installed a rival product.

I'm using buffering, high frame rates, multiple HD's and 19 cameras and the CPU runs at about 25% - 50%, all for a very small one off payment for life.

Sorry but support is not good enough here for something that should be 100% reliable.

brownbloke

Postby brownbloke » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:30 am

Having the same issue since a Windows 10 update. Also have the issue on the 6.5.8 version where the Finish button does not save anything. I was using this successfully with a camera using an ONVIF PTZ config but that stops working if I upgrade to the latest 6.8.2 version.

Support seems to be very poor and I cannot guarantee that the software will stay active for more than a few hours.

I guess they messed around with the ONVIF configuration and then Windows did something that means iSPY keeps freezing. I had thought that OpenSource meant good support but that doesn't seem the case here, even though they try to get a subscription. I wouldn't pay that with this many issues and the poor support

Shadders

Postby Shadders » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:16 pm

Tinbum wrote:Well, I'm afraid I've now installed a rival product.

I'm using buffering, high frame rates, multiple HD's and 19 cameras and the CPU runs at about 25% - 50%, all for a very small one off payment for life.

Sorry but support is not good enough here for something that should be 100% reliable.

Hi,
Which rival product have you installed ?
Thanks and regards,
Shadders.

jlchaves

Postby jlchaves » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:19 am

I have had similar issues with 6.8.2.0 on Win10, upon closer inspection iSpy itself is working (i.e. motion/audio detection and recording works) but the UI and Windows freeze, turning the system unresponsive.

Have a go at tweaking the Priority setting (e.g. switch it to Normal) as I have had some success getting iSpy to run "nicer" on older hardware.

Return to “Bugs”