recent ffmpeg changes

Please check the log file and provide steps to reproduce your issue when reporting bugs.
CompsJP
Site Admin

recent ffmpeg changes

Postby CompsJP » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:44 am

to my understanding, when a camera drop, it causes the ffmpeg to hang, causing the ispy to hang, if you are using a ip camera like wifi, be sure the connection is strong please. hope this helps. have a good day.

the older ffmpeg would drop hanging cameras better.

comps

Problex

Re: recent ffmpeg changes

Postby Problex » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:14 am

Just thought I would add that I am seeing much lower CPU usage since the latest update to the ffmpeg integration ( v6.6.4.0)
So efficient that my Intel i5 2500 with 4 720p cameras is throttling down to 25w from the 53w it was previously sitting at.

Thanks!

irelandp

Postby irelandp » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:11 am

I am afraid the recent ffmpeg changes have introduced a bug.

I have a birdbox with a camera and I use iSpy to monitor activity. I record on both motion detect and timelapse. The former are saved using the H264 MP4 format. These videos are saved and presented on my own website (www.ireland-family.org/birdcam). The camera source is a hauppauge USB Live 2, managed using VLC (as iSpy does not detect the microphone). The stream is present to iSpy as a OGG compressed HTTP streaming feed.

Using version 6_5_8_0, the videos (and sound) play in the web without problems. However, using version 6_6_7_0, the sound is distorted on all browsers and using Chrome on Windows Server 2012 R2, the videos will not play.

I think iSpy is a super piece of software and would like to pass my thanks to the developers. I hope they take on-board and fix this bug so I can use the upgraded version.

Kind regards
Paul Ireland

umairali

Postby umairali » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:52 pm

Nice Post

--------------------
Umair

jlchaves

Postby jlchaves » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:16 am

CompsJP mate what version do you run? Have you tried the VLC plugin as it seems to be more robust.

Return to “Bugs”