6.8.6 recording quality problem (64bit)

Please check the log file and provide steps to reproduce your issue when reporting bugs.
spydrome

Re: 6.8.6 recording quality problem (64bit)

Postby spydrome » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:49 pm

d_222 wrote: It seems that everyone is not affected by the UI freezing but 6.8.2.0 has been running quite stable. Are you compiling your builds from github or would you like to try the version I am running?

Extracted 6.8.5.0 (64 bit) from github, applied my patches and tried that - no blurring but several hours later discovered it had frozen while recording and UI not responding so back to 6.8.6.0.

Had a look at the github history and, based on comments earlier this year, seems like the version control is still being learnt. Really needs labelling in some way to indicate the public release points - bit hit and miss without that depending on whether assembly file updated or not - and at what stage that is updated in the build packaging eg wasn't changed for 6.8.7.0

I'll stick with 6.8.6 for the moment thanks rather than go back several versions - have some patches applied and don't want to get sucked into possible older issues that are now fixed.

Will put my patches up when I make sense of the github process !

spydrome

Postby spydrome » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:04 pm

6.8.9 now only starts blurring for me after 5 secs (2 sec history buffer & 3 sec into "recording").

Was blurring immediately after 2 sec history buffer on 6.8.6.

Good news is that memory leaks with lots of recordings being made appears fixed - memory in use often built up to 2Gb over a windy/rainy day when lots of short recordings made - would be ok if stopped and then relaunched iSpy again.

EDIT: cpu usage seems higher - was about 17% for 1 camera at 10fps - now often seems about 22%

mooizooi

Postby mooizooi » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:03 pm

Using 6.9.0.0 It seems the blurry problem is still there when recording AVI timelampse movies...

dhmk

Postby dhmk » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:28 am

mooizooi wrote:Using 6.9.0.0 It seems the blurry problem is still there when recording AVI timelampse movies...

No blurring when saving in mp4 files. So this was the version I kept after a long time. But there are other problems. The Fast Forward of saved files seems that is missing information. It seems that stops updating screen. Also people say that mp4 files generated are 3-4 times bigger than before.

Return to “Bugs”