Severe performance issues

Please check the log file and provide steps to reproduce your issue when reporting bugs.
rampeuu

Severe performance issues

Postby rampeuu » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:38 pm

Hello to all.

I have a Logitech HD Pro Webcam c920 and have been using it with ispy for a while.

The problem is that even though the webcam has a capacity of running full hd with 20~30 fps (and the native software does), with ispy the performance varies a lot.

The weird is that at this moment, for example, I'm running at 720p in ispy and getting only 15 fps (stable), but the cpu load is at 12 % only.

Some times I can run ispy at 720p and 20~25 fps, but never in fullhd at decent fps.

Other times I just get less than 10 fps.

The cpu is a core i5 6440 , 8 gb ddr4 and a sata III Hard drive with 750 gb available.

Any hints? :!:

Shadders

Re: Severe performance issues

Postby Shadders » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Hi,

When i was searching for performance aspects when using an IP camera, there were some indications that installing FFMPEG and VLC would assist in the processing of the video stream.

There does not seem to be any statement on the website that installing these software programs will enhance performance for the free version, nor the paid version either.

I do not want to subscribe, but would be prepared to pay a one off licence payment for the current version.

So, you may want to try and install FFMPEG and VLC to see if their libraries will impove performance.

Regards,

Shadders.

Return to “Bugs”