OC810-ADT Wifi Connect to personal router

frisbeewizard

OC810-ADT Wifi Connect to personal router

Postby frisbeewizard » Mon May 25, 2015 6:50 pm

Hello,

I have an OC810-ADT camera that was left over from my ADT account. I no longer use ADT. I was able to reset the camera and connect with iSpy via the ethernet cord. My problem is that I can't figure out how to get into the camera to adjust the wifi setting so it finds my router. When I disconnect the ethernet I lose all connection. I tired the IP address that I found on the router for the camera when hardwired. Unfortunately, that address gives an error message and is unable to connect. The browser does say "network camera" when I

ADT had it's own wireless connection device that it worked through with the Pulse software.

Is there a way to do this with ISP connect? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

serbcccc3

Re: OC810-ADT Wifi Connect to personal router

Postby serbcccc3 » Sat May 30, 2015 1:58 am

I have the same problem with that camera (OC810-ADT) and I cant connect to this thing for the life of me. I cant see it on any IP scanner either. I have tried everything I can think of to No Success. I would also like to know if anyone knows how to do this, its driving me crazy....

duetschbag

Postby duetschbag » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:54 pm

Since these posts are fairly recent, I wanted to share my experience with this exact camera.

I have a few of these left over from the previous home owner's ADT install. I currently use ADT, but not with pulse and in an effort to re-purpose these cameras, I discovered the following works to reset and access them:

1. Plug an ethernet cable from the camera into the router/switch on your network
2. Plug the power cable into the camera
3. Locate the pin hole right next to the power cable
4. After 30 seconds or so when the camera's green light is flashing on and off, stick a pin or paper clip in the hole next to the power cable for 10 seconds; the green light will go solid during the 10 seconds
5. Remove the pin/paperclip
6. After 30 seconds or so, the camera has been reset to factory defaults
7. If you look at your router's interface, you should be able to find a list of devices on your network; compare the camera's MAC address (listed on the back of the camera) to the devices in the router's interface to locate the IP address
8. Type the camera's IP address into the browser
9. You will now be prompted with the camera's web interface
10. To change the settings on the camera you may be prompted for a username and password; the username will be Administrator and the password should be left blank

I highly recommend changing the default username and password so that your camera is not a security risk.

I haven't actually configured my camera yet as I just discovered how to actually access it. I am going to be working on the configuration over this week on all of my cameras, so let me know if you have any additional questions and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

Shoutout to the place that provided me with the login information: https://shkspr.mobi/blog/2013/11/hackin ... k-cameras/

randyclark17

Postby randyclark17 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:06 am

Very possible. I was able to connect my dome camera to myrouter witha control software in my PC.

jacobsk

Postby jacobsk » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:36 am

Looking to follow the steps posted here on my OC835 but it only has a MicroUSB-A on the back; no ethernet.

Looking for some kind of adapter

mweinberg

Postby mweinberg » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:44 pm

The instructions on ADT for this type show that a Micro-USB to Ethernet adapter is required (and sold separately) to connect to Ethernet.

mgernaey

Postby mgernaey » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:52 am

This actually works fine but you have to do the following (at least it's how I use all of mine).

1. Make sure you have a WPS enabled Router / Wifi Router
2. Start the wifi WPS connect process on your router
3. Take a pin and push it into the little hole next to the power chord (while on) and hold for like 10 seconds
4. It should turn orange and show its trying
5. You may need to do a second step (I had to on a couple probably because I messed up)
---While it's trying use the pin again but this time only push for like a second or 2 at most

You may need to try it a couple of times (the entire cycle) until you get it right. But it works great and I have been using them over a year without ADT.

Oh and for some of them, after I did this, i THEN connected them to a Cat5/6 cable and they connected to my network just fine, because it was already connected via the WPS via wifi..

Cheers,

Return to “General Questions”